Losing your hair as woman can be distressing and knock your confidence, but you are not alone.
Around 1 in 4 women in the UK experience hair loss every year.
Types of hair loss
There are many different types of hair loss ranging from thinning to complete baldness and it can occur gradually or suddenly and in the old or the young. Hair loss can be hereditary or it can be impacted by lifestyle factors such as extreme stress, medical treatments or health conditions.
Did you know that after giving birth it is common for hair to fall out? Once the body has returned to pre-pregnancy state, hair should return to normal.
Treatments for hair loss
There are many different treatments for hair loss which can range from over the counter products to medical procedures. Treatments can affect different people in different ways so it’s important to seek advice from your local LloydsPharmacy or Doctor to see which one may be most suitable for you.
Once-a-day scalp foam has a new formula that contains the only clinically proven ingredient, Topical Minoxidil, for female pattern hair loss that is only available in LloydsPharmacy. It works by strengthening and revitalising the hair follicles to grow new, thicker hair with clinically visible results may be seen in as little as 12 weeks after continued use.
More than 80% of women studied experienced hair regrowth when using Regaine Foam
REGAINE® for Women Foam once-a-day hair regrowth treatment
- 5% minoxidil topical foam reactivates inactive hair follicles
- Clinically proven
- Applied once daily
How to cope with hair loss
For women, hair loss can affect how you perceive yourself and can knock your confidence which may lead to you not feeling like doing activities you enjoy such as swimming or even popping to the shops.
Here are some tips to help:
- It is important to talk about your hair loss openly with your family, friends or a partner so they know how you are feeling about it and what kind of support you may need.
- Some types of hair loss can be temporary so be patient when using treatments as they can take weeks to see any effects.
- Promote positivity in your life. Think of all the great things about yourself, focus and celebrate these factors.
- Avoid over styling your hair. Braids, pony tails and extensions can cause unnecessary pulling and tension on your hair.
- If you want to cover up, try makeup, scarves or a wig.