Top tips for a tip top Bonfire night! Stay safe and have a super sparkly time love LloydsPharmcy


sparklerSparklers should be handled with care. A simple sparkler reaches a temperature of up to 2,000°C – over 15 times the boiling point of water! Keep sparklers and other fireworks stored in a closed box, in a cool, dry place. Always light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves. Never hold a baby or child if you have a sparkler in your hand. Plunge finished sparklers hot end down into a bucket of water as soon as they have burnt out; they can stay hot for a long time. And don’t take sparklers to public displays; it will be too crowded to use them safely.



Pets on bonfire night


Pets hate bangs and flashes and get very frightened on fireworks night. So keep all your pets indoors and close all the curtains to make things calmer. Remember it’s not just your own fireworks that cause distress, so you may need to have your pets indoors on several nights when other displays are taking place.

Protect your pet by following the RSPCA’s animal-friendly firework code. It can be found Here


The Firework Code


Young people should watch and enjoy fireworks from a safe distance and follow the Fire Service’s safety rules for using sparklers. Only adults should light of fireworks and should be responsible for the safe disposal of fireworks once used.




Number  Advice 
1 Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable.
2 Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
3 Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary.
4 Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper and stand well back.
5 Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
6 Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
7 Don’t put fireworks in pockets and never throw them.
8 Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
9 Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
10 Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.


If you require any further information then visit the Fire Service and check out the RSPCA for tips on how to keep your furry friends happy.