Getting young children to clean their teeth is no mean feat. On top of that parents also have the worry of how the food their children are eating affect the health of their teeth too.
As we all know teeth should always be brushed twice a day to avoid complications such as tooth decay and gum disease, but getting children to brush consistently for the recommended two minutes can be tricky.
Following simple, achievable tips such as always drinking a glass of water after eating sugary foods, opting for sugar-free alternatives and waiting for at least an hour after your last meal before brushing can really help parents to improve their family’s oral health, despite the mayhem of modern day life.
Here are LloydsPharmacy’s top five tips to keep your children’s’ dental health in check:
- Always brush teeth twice a day with a fluoride-based toothpaste
- Always give your child a drink of water after eating sugary foods
- If your child has a sweet tooth, chose sugar-free treats
- Limiting food intake to three meals per day & no more than two snacks is better for your children’s teeth
- Wait at least one hour after your last meal before brushing to ensure the enamel on your children’s teeth remains strong and healthy
For further advice on how to look after your child’s dental health, pop into your local LloydsPharmacy.