We all want to look after our skin to keep it feeling and looking its best.
But it can be difficult to know what works for it.
Whether you have dry, oily, or acne prone skin knowing how to take care of it can help, including what products to use or lifestyle tips to try.
One way to find a skincare routine that works for you is to experiment with new products or lifestyle changes. But you might find that hit and miss, and you could end up with a collection of products that don’t work for you. There is another way to learn more.
How can we help you look after your skin?
In some of our LloydsPharmacy’s in Sainsbury’s we have skincare experts who can help you get to know your skin.
In a consultation with you, our experts will use our new skin analyser. This is an assessment that can help you understand more about your skin and what skincare routine is best for you. This can help you understand a variety of factors, including:
- Hydration: Having dehydrated skin can make it lose elasticity and feel rougher. Keeping your skin hydrated can make it look and feel better.
- Melanin: This is what gives its pigment and colour, it also gives your hair and eyes colour.
- Sebum: We know we like to keep moisturised, but did you know that’s what sebum does. It keeps your skin and hair moisturised and feeling good.
- Pores: Making sure you keep your pores clean and healthy is important to maintain healthy looking skin. If your pores become blocked it can create a blockage which can attract bacteria and case inflammation.
- Wrinkles: Wrinkles usually appear as a result of ageing, but if it’s something you feel self-conscious about we can advise on products that could help.
- Sensitivity: If you have sensitive skin you might find it reacts to certain products you use. Finding out the sensitivity levels can help you pick out products that are right for you.
- Acne: Many of us may have acne as a teenager, but as we get older you might feel insecure about it and what is causing the acne.
Once you have had the assessment, you will be given your results there and then. Our expert can then talk you through the results and what they mean. They will also explain what type of skin you have and recommend actions you can take.
They can also make recommendations about what products are available to help any problem areas or any worries you may have. As part of this new service, we have a range of skincare products we can recommend to help you.
This service is available at LloydsPharmacy in Sainsbury’s Newbury, Locksbottom, Godalming and Warrens Heath.