…and unfortunately it’s not with a spoonful of sugar.
Studies have shown that half of us may not be taking our prescribed medicines in the best way to get the most out of them and we could actually be putting our own health at risk without even realising it.
Talking to a pharmacist in your local LloydsPharmacy can answer all the questions, big or small, you may have and they may be able to assist you in managing your medications better.
If you’re not sure the best way to take your meds, you need help remembering to take them, you’d like to know a little more about what your medicines are actually suppose to do or what the health benefits of taking them are, your pharmacist is only too happy to spend a little time with you to discuss the questions you have.
If the answer is yes to any of the above, we can help you understand the best way to take medications and offer tips on ways to manage medicines better.
But for now, here are our…
Top 6 tips to help you remember to take your medicines
Services that can help
If you are remembering to take your medicines, but struggle to take them because they are too big or you think you would benefit for more information on what the medications are doing to help your condition, a FREE Medicines Check Up may help you.
Consider the following questions and if you think you need help managing your medicines pop in store for a FREE and confidential Medicines Check Up.
- Do you know how and when to take your medicines, i.e. before or after food, in the morning or evening?
- Do you know what your medicines do?
- Are your symptoms under control?
- Are you experiencing side effects?
- Do you find it difficult to take or swallow your medicines?
- Do you have difficulty removing your medicines from their packaging?
- Have you been on the same medicines for a long period of time?
- Have your medicines changed recently?