At LloydsPharmacy your health is our priority. With the recent news around coronavirus (COVID-19) you may be worried about your risk and what you can do to look after yourself and your family.
Here’s our advice to help you manage your risk, what symptoms to watch out for and how to reduce the spread.
Symptoms to watch out for and what to do:
If you have the following symptoms, you should stay at home for 7 days if you live alone or 14 days if you live with other people
- A high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- A new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Please don’t go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital if you have any of the above symptoms as you are at risk of infecting others. You don’t need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home and testing for the virus isn’t needed.
Use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if:
- You feel you can’t cope with your symptoms
- Your condition gets worse
- Your symptoms don’t get better after 7 days
How to reduce the spread:
The virus can be easily spread through close contact with others such as in cough droplets. You can help protect yourself and others from viral infections like COVID-19 by following a few simple steps:
- Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water regularly. Top tip: to make sure you wash your hands for the recommended 20 seconds, sing happy birthday twice through
- If you’re on the go, you can keep your hands extra clean by using a 60% alcohol hand sanitiser gel
- Make sure to cover your mouth and nose with a tissue (or a sleeve, but not your hands) when coughing and sneezing
- Try to avoid close contact with anyone who is unwell or is displaying symptoms linked to coughs, colds and flu