Did you know 8 out of 10 of us experience pain at work?*.
We understand that living with pain can make it difficult to work. However, work life provides a great sense of purpose and achievement, as well as a network of people.
If you do experience pain at work, you don’t have to just put up with it. There are some top tips you could try to help ease your symptoms.
In the morning before work
As a way to start your day, and ease pain at work, try to make some simple changes to your morning routine:
- Try to sleep in a position that supports your joints
- Before you get out of bed, try some simple stretches
- When you first get up, have a hot shower as the warm water can help relax you and help with painful muscles
Changes to try at work
- If you have an office-based job, make sure your desk area is set up correctly and ask your employer for a work station assessment
- Try not to stay in the same position for too long as this can make you feel stiff
- If you have back pain, it’s recommended to stand up every 30 minutes for at least one to two minutes
Products you could try
As well as pain relief such as ibuprofen or paracetamol, you could try drug free options that can be used alongside any medication you take for additional relief.
Is a drug free alternative that targets pain. It can be combined with pain relief like paracetamol or ibuprofen, to help better manage pain.
Can be placed directly on the back, providing up to 8 hours of continuous therapeutic warmth.
For more advice on managing your pain at work, come in store and speak to a member of our health care team today. Find your local LloydsPharmacy here.
*Survey of 2000 respondents, February 2019. Commissioned by LloydsPharmacy conduced by 3Gem.