Have you got a sweet tooth? Why not swap your usual biscuit for these no bake cinnamon oatmeal energy balls from Dr. Hazel Wallace?
They have oats which is a good carbohydrate for energy, healthy fats from the coconut oil and the peanut butter and some protein as well. They only take 5 minutes to prepare, and taste great too.
Serves: 10-12 Balls
- 100g Porridge oats
- 1bsp Chia seeds
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 40g Raisins
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 50g Honey
- 50g Peanut butter (can be substituted with other nut butters)
- Put your porridge oats, chia seeds, cinnamon and raisins in a bowl and give it a good stir. Set that aside for now.
- Pour your honey, peanut butter and melted coconut oil into a separate bowl, and mix until it’s all combined.
- Pour your honey, peanut butter and coconut oil mix into the bowl with your oats, seeds and raisins and combine well. If you find your mixture is a bit dry add a bit more honey. If you find it’s too wet, add a few more oats.
- Roll the mixture in between your hands to make tablespoon sized balls, and put on a baking sheet.
- Once all your balls are rolled out, pop them in the fridge for around 30 minutes to firm up.